Leavers' Destinations

Last year, 97% of IB students and 80% of A Level students went on to their 1st choice university.

As a top academic school, almost all our students go on to the very best in higher education: Oxford, Cambridge, other leading Russell Group universities, the top medical and dental schools, pre-eminent art and drama schools, and Ivy League institutions in the USA. All students follow a special two-year programme that is designed to maximise their potential for higher education study. A team of specialist advisers will ensure that all students receive expert guidance in all matters of the application process from choosing courses and universities to writing the personal statement.

In the Lower Sixth, all pupils undergo a full UCAS induction programme that culminates in the annual University Fair that is held on campus. This event is attended by the vast majority of the leading institutions and gives both pupils and parents the opportunity to speak directly with admissions tutors. Wellington has strong links with a number of Oxbridge Colleges and a member of Common Room dedicated to Oxbridge applications. We identify potential Oxbridge candidates early and raise aspirations as soon as possible, as the intense competition for places requires particular focus and effort. Oxbridge candidates are given specialist advice and guidance and are supported at every stage of the application process to ensure that they have every chance of success.

The College provides specialist guidance for applications to American Universities and employs an expert adviser one day a week. This ensures that they receive the best possible advice and are guided throughout the process. A number of students have gone on to American Universities over the last five years and 15 members of the current Upper Sixth have chosen this particular route. The College also runs a SAT preparation course in the Michaelmas Term to prepare candidates for this element of the application process.