Easter Revision Course 2020 – CANCELLED
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
With COVID-19 being declared a pandemic, the College has taken the very difficult decision to operate a ‘core business only’ policy which means public facing events will be cancelled until further notice, including the Easter Revision course.
We hope all will understand why the College has had to take these necessary measures to safeguard our pupils and staff. We thank you for your continued support of the College.
– – – – – – –
Wellington College, one of Britain’s finest independent schools, is a wonderful place in which to prepare for exams.
All subjects are organised and taught by a team of highly qualified and experienced teachers, carefully selected from the very best schools in the country (including Wellington College). All are familiar with the demands made upon examination candidates.
“He thought it was excellent and has been recommending it to all his sceptical friends who can’t believe he enjoyed a week of maths!”
“She has returned home brimming with confidence from her improved knowledge and is really motivated to continue working through her exam revision… she kept texting me during the course breaks saying how brilliant the teaching was and how much she was learning.”
“This has probably been one of the best trips of my life and I would really like to thank all the staff who made my stay so enjoyable.”
“… had a very fulfilling week at Wellington, her marks doubled across the week and she feels better equipped to continue on with revision.”
“He thoroughly enjoyed his time in all subjects and said that all his teachers were so amazing and helpful… He has even said that he would return next year and the year after for A Level revision!”
” Really good – went through lots of exam papers, good resources, teacher really approachable – would definitely recommend.”
Information Required At Booking
We require the following information at point of booking, without it a booking can’t be made. If you don’t already have the below information please contact the students school and request it from them.
Failure to provide the correct information could lead to the student being placed in the wrong class or their place being cancelled on the course without refund.
- Subject/s wish to revise
- Exam Board and specification number/letter e.g. AQA A or B, OCR J567 Higher, Edexcel B etc
- Current grade level or mock result for the subject
- Predicted grade or grade the student hopes to achieve
Easter Revision Objectives
- Teach key facts, patterns and principles
- Boost confidence
- Give examination practice
- Improve technique
- Guide students towards better quality answers
- Students from any school across the UK or abroad who are in their final year of IGCSE, GCSE or A Level exams can attend
- Typically courses are based on a ratio of 1 teacher to a maximum of 10 students
- Students will receive up to 5-6 hours tutored revision per day to review the core areas of the syllabus in line with what the students request to cover. Plus set-work and exam preparation including work on past papers
- A Level students can take 1 subject for the duration of the course and GCSE/IGCSE students can take up to 2 subjects
- The A Level course will cover the two year linear A Level (we will not be offering any AS courses)
- Residential and non-residential places are available (residential students arrive Saturday night and non-residential students arrive Sunday morning
2020 Subjects for GCSE/IGCSE (Higher Paper Only) and A Level
The below is subject to change depending on interest received, Wellington College reserves the right to make changes to subjects offered at any time and without prior notification. This can include the removal of a course if required interested is not received.
The specific exam boards and specifications we will offer will be confirmed later in the year, please ensure you have this information and review what is offered prior to making a booking when booking opens.
At GCSE/IGCSE our course offers classes for students taking the Higher Paper only, we are afraid that at this time we are not able to provided classes for the Foundation Papers.
Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English Literature, Maths, Business, Economics, History, Geography, and French.
GCSE/IGCSE (higher paper only)
Biology (Triple Award), Chemistry (Triple Award), Physics (Triple Award), Combined/Double Award Science, English Language, Maths, History, Geography, French and Spanish.
- Residential students arrive on Saturday night
- Non-residential students arrive on Sunday morning
- All classes run from Sunday to Thursday (5 days)
- A Level day (broken into 6 periods) starts at 09.00 and ends at 16.40
- GCSE/IGCSE day (broken into 8 periods – 4 periods per AM or PM session) starts at 09.00 and ends at 12.40 for the AM session. The PM session starts at 13.30 and ends at 17.00. If the student. Students who are residential or taking two subjects will be provided lunch between 12.40-13.30. One subject students will arrive and leave in accordance to the AM or PM session they are booked for.
- A mixture of evening activities will be provided for residential students including access to the sports facilities, film nights, 5 a-side footie and boot camp sessions PLUS specialist Elevate Education study skills session for GCSE/IGCSE residential students.
Includes 5 nights full board accommodation in your own room within a single sex boarding house, 3 meals per day, up to 5-6 hours daily tuition plus prep time per day and use of the available facilities including access to all evening activities and workshops.
- Residential Course £995
Non-Residential Course (full time student)
Includes lunch and up to 5-6 hours tuition per day for 5 days.
- Non-Residential Course £750
Non-Residential Course (GCSE 1 Subject Only)
Includes up to 3 hours GCSE/IGCSE tuition per day for 5 days either in the AM or PM session.
- GCSE 1 Subject £375
Back to all events